What The Heck is This??!!

had me worried for a second, phew! It sounds like she enjoys the bath, lol
smile.png

This sounds good. Once you pull her out of the bath, make sure she stays warm. Some chickens like hair dryers, yours most likely won't. Cover her with a towel and keep her head covered while you towel her a bit, then put her back in the kennel on the heat pad. If you cover her head she may stay calmer.
Lavender shouldn't hurt her and can have a calming effect on chickens.

Last edited:
Got her dry as much as I could, got her in a heating pad and she ate some scrambled egg and I put some water in the kennel for her. So now to try and get the antibiotics? She if she passes the egg? Wait and see I guess...

She's not wanting to really sit, she's been standing pretty much since I put her in the tub, she was sitting at first but then stood up because I spooked her a little

Wait and see. Warmth, quiet,food, water are most important. Can always reapply compress or bathe again later on in a while ifit looks like she could use it. Check for swelling, this is a big sign for infection. If you keep her head covered with the towel she may let you feel her abdomen. Swelling feels like an overly full water balloon. If she struggles, don't force her, just put her back in the kennel.

Wait and see. Warmth, quiet,food, water are most important. Can always reapply compress or bathe again later on in a while ifit looks like she could use it. Check for swelling, this is a big sign for infection. If you keep her head covered with the towel she may let you feel her abdomen. Swelling feels like an overly full water balloon. If she struggles, don't force her, just put her back in the kennel.

Okie dokie *thumbs up*

Also, called my vet, shot in the dark that he wouldn't scoff at me, he's a great guy a I should've known he would help <3 So he's giving me 5 doses of Baytril in pill form, they are 5 pound doses each. Figured I would crush them and do it that way. Sound like a plan?

While I don't know about the meds, the rest is ALL GOOD NEWS...one thing since you have her separated that you can now easily monitor would be any poo...that seems to be a way to diagnose a lot of ailments....for example I fed my silly chicks too much SPAGHETTI SQUASH yesterday and yup! Runny poo...

And one other suggestion about that crate she is in...seems like there might be enough room to put a temporary roost between the bars? Then you could see if she is up on the roost (more normal, I would think) or needing more warmth (down on the heating pad)...how'd she like the blow dryer?

Back
Top Bottom