WHAT THE HECK TRAP IS BEST FOR FREAKING HOVERING FLIES?

Chickmagnet9

Songster
11 Years
Nov 16, 2011
SO, SO GROSS! These are not the standard house fly, horse fly, or any other fly. These are just smaller black flies which hover. We keep our coop and surrounding yard clean, power wash our coop and boxes, change bedding frequently, use mite spray on our girls, keep fresh veg up if not eaten, do not have standing pond water, change their water daily, remove eggs soon after they are lain. We use Fly Predators WHICH WORK GREAT keeping the standard fly away, but nothing seems to get rid of these hovering buggers. I don't even know what they want or what they are after. What do you use? Do you even get them or know what I'm talking about? I am sick of them. THANKS.

p.s. I also want to purchase the hanging fly trap nets. There are several stinky baits I could make or purchase but what have you found works best for you for whatever sort of fly you have. What do you use for mosquitoes?

Fly tapes work GREAT for me, although they mainly catch house flies. I'm not sure whether or not the tapes would trap hovering flies.

I use a wildlife-safe bacterial dunk that kills mosquito larvae in standing water, including puddles, flower pot trays, and all sorts of things you never think of. It’s called Bt.

I’m not familiar with those flies. Maybe their season will be over soon?

SO, SO GROSS! These are not the standard house fly, horse fly, or any other fly. These are just smaller black flies which hover. We keep our coop and surrounding yard clean, power wash our coop and boxes, change bedding frequently, use mite spray on our girls, keep fresh veg up if not eaten, do not have standing pond water, change their water daily, remove eggs soon after they are lain. We use Fly Predators WHICH WORK GREAT keeping the standard fly away, but nothing seems to get rid of these hovering buggers. I don't even know what they want or what they are after. What do you use? Do you even get them or know what I'm talking about? I am sick of them. THANKS.

p.s. I also want to purchase the hanging fly trap nets. There are several stinky baits I could make or purchase but what have you found works best for you for whatever sort of fly you have. What do you use for mosquitoes?

Do they bite? Leave big welps?

Where abouts in the world are you? Exact location is compleatly unneccesary but for example i am in south central LA. Are these flies not coming inside your house choosing to hoover in the sunlight in open spaces?

Where abouts in the world are you? Exact location is compleatly unneccesary but for example i am in south central LA. Are these flies not coming inside your house choosing to hoover in the sunlight in open spaces?
Sacramento. Nope. Never have seen one inside the house. They hover inside the coop. My chickens don't even live in there. They only eat, drink at will, and sleep in there (always).

Back
Top Bottom