1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What the heck!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by DUCKGIRL89, Aug 6, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I dont understand my ducks are now 24 weeks old and they arent breeing yet why not?

2. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Does anyone know why?

3. claudicles

claudicles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    You might need to supply a bit more info to get replies. What type are they, what are you feeding them, how are they behaving etc...

4. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Oh ok sorry, well I have 2 girls one ancona and one rouen. I feed them lots! But my moms twenty something chickens like to eat with them and tend to eat most of the food. But they have a pond full of gross things that they eat allll the time so its not like they dont get any food. They seem fine I just dont understand! Huff

5. bettynoodlees

bettynoodlees Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2011
    They are not breeding because you need a male and a female...

If you are asking why they are not laying eggs....they probably are- just not where you can find them. you might have to watch them a little closer?

6. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    No no no. I have more than enough males those are just the girls. But never mind I just caught them yesterday morning. But they dont lay eggs still I dont understand lol.

7. smokeykk

smokeykk Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    I think this is the wrong section to have this in. Its better off in ducks section, not chicken behaviors and egglaying. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by