What the heck??

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I got a message on my Facebook wall from one of my girlfriends and decided to pass it on to other friends of mine. While going through the list of women on my friends list (those who I knew well enough to post such a message to) I typed in the letters "mikk" in the search bar, the first 4 letters of my late brother's wife's name. She is gone
ep.gif
I believe she's blocked me, which really kind of ticks me off. I rarely speak to her, but that's nothing new. Her blocking me means that I can't view any of her posts or pictures, so conversations on other friends' walls where she has been a contributing party are pretty confusing since I can't see her posts.

I sent her an email asking if she'd deleted her facebook account, I really hope it doesn't get sent back to me. I mean really, blocking me?? If she doesn't want to see what I'm saying all she has to do is hide my posts....how rude!!
somad.gif

ETA: I'm sure she has blocked me because I can't see any of her posts or pictures in the group she started on FB when my brother passed away. Some of the posts say "see all (insert number) comments", then when I do it's just the same ones that I could already see, like there are other comments 'there', I'm just not able to view them.

Last edited:
before you get upset at her, it is also very possible that it's a facebook glitch. People disappear off my list all the time. If you can see ANYTHING anywhere with her name on it, then you haven't been blocked.

It's actually a pretty common thing on Facebook. Happens to me at least a couple times a month with various people. Once it was even my husband lol

Please do not assume the worst. I could not figure out how to get it to do what I wanted it to do, and ended up getting e-mail notices anytime anybody posted anything. It was worse than spam. I deleted my account.
...and all my friends got miffed. All six of them...
roll.png

so, it's just me and the chickens.
I think face book is a socially detrimental evilness.
Gossip at the speed of light.
Take the high road, assume the best.
hugs.gif

If she has a picture still up her FB account is not deleted. If it is just the default blue outline and the name is unclickable.. its deleted.
Now.. she may still be friends with you and can still read what you post BUT she can deny you access to seeing her pictures, posts, comments, etc.

I have blocked my MIL from seeing a lot of my albums (I give her access to the ones with the boys in them), tagged photos, and posts.
Nothing I have against her.. she just doesnt need to know every part of my life.
idunno.gif

Maybe she just feels guilty about dating someone new?

Quote:
I'm not on FB, so don't know about how the accounts work, but what Sarah said was my first thought, too.

Okay, well I guess I was wrong. I sent her an email and she responded saying that she deactivated her account for a while. What I don't understand is that some of my friends can still 'see' her profile but can't go to it (like she's there but not) but most of them can't see her at all. At least I know it's not something personal, so that's good. I've been griping about my drunk father a lot lately and thought maybe she'd gotten tired of seeing it.

Back
Top Bottom