What the heck?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Lolalilu, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Lolalilu

Lolalilu Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2011
    The chickens were putting themselves to bed the other evening and as I was trying to sneak back the sock my son's EE stole to sleep on I looked up on the porch and saw this:

[​IMG]

It seems to have become her nightly habit. She like to take a peek at the parakeets before going off to bed.

2. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Wonder what those little parakeets think of that! Beautiful bird [​IMG]

3. Lolalilu

Jun 27, 2011
    Thanks. [​IMG] The parakeets seem pretty unfazed. I actually was going to take a photo of the other chicken with the sock, but forgot when I saw this. Oops.

4. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Quote:Cute! Beautfiul bird, maybe she thinks the little ones look...yummy?

What's the deal with the sock? I've never heard of chickens stealing socks! I'd better guard my clothesline.

5. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    I have never heard of a sock stealing chicken either. But, nothing an EE does surprises me anymore. They are crazy, ditzy critters.

6. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Cute!! [​IMG]

7. Kaeta44

Kaeta44 Chillin' With My Peeps

8. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    My sister has a cat who is obsessed with stealing her wool sweaters. Only wool, no synthetics, thank you!

9. Help_battery_hens

Help_battery_hens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Northamptonshire
    lol love the pic what a beautiful bird. i have a dog who is obsessed with stealing tissues socks and knickers

10. Lolalilu

Jun 27, 2011
    This isn't the first time the EE has stolen socks. She like to swipe them at bedtime and then sleep on them. She also has a little rock collection going. She brings them up on the porch and practices mommying them.

The Polish in this photo likes to boss the other girls around, but the parakeets seem to be her Zen. haha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by