What time do your roosters crow?

My roo is like clockwork, 5 am 6am and 7am, he crows 8 or 9 times in a row each time, other than that I dont hear him all day. Is that normal. My brother in laws roos crow all day long. Of course he has a bunch.

Our rooster crows 3 times at 6:40 am. Then again at 7:15. And then that is it til the next day. World's quietest flock...lol

lol, I think I have only heard mine crow in the evening once or twice. and that was when he first came here. guess now hes on some sort of schedule.

I have 2. They start very early. 3-4 in the morning. Off and on. Continue off and on all day. They tend to crow more from 3am till light. The neighbors rooster will crow more during the day which will trigger my young roo which will trigger my older roo. So when one starts they all start.
D.gif

My rooster crows right after he opens his mouth - LOL! He will crow any time of the day on no set schedule and since he's young and a Silkie he has that high pitched whiny crow. Doesn't bother me to hear him and the neighbors haven't said anything about him either. He's quieter than my previous roosters - so maybe that's why they haven't mentioned it.

I am getting ready to get a silkie rooster and I am hoping that none of the neighbors take offense if he is a little crowey...Most people around here have chickens and pigs and all that, but I never really hear anything except the neighbors dogs and the guy right across from us has cows that will sometimes just bawl and bawl and bawl for hours...just a long slow mooooooooooooooo.....few seconds pause and then moooooooooooooooo....so I figure nobody will mind too much...

My roosters arent to old yet the 3 oldest are 15/16 week Japanese Bantams and they all crow(starting at 6 weeks old). But thankfully they arent to loud and I havent heard them in the am unless im out by their coop to let them out which I dont do until 8am in respect for the neighbors. They will crow for a few mins at that time then maybe a few short times in the day time. So, so far so good. Im enjoying the roosters. Im still waiting on my fav marans boy who is 9 weeks old and not a peep yet thankfully I am sooooo hoping he stays sweet and doesnt get to noisey I would be so sad to see him go.

At 16 weeks will their crowing behavior stay relatively the same like the loudness and such?

Back
Top Bottom