What time of the day do ducks lay eggs?

I let my ducks out around 8:30 every morning and they have all already laid. This morning I had a Dr.app. at 8;30 so I had to let them out and hour early. I didn't get my usual number of eggs but when I got back at noon I found several more laying around the yard.

Quote:
Mine like to lay their eggs in the chicken coop also, and have even found a duck and chicken sharing a nest box.
wink.png
and one of my bantams sitting on a duck egg

I was actually wondering the same thing as my pekin is not quite laying but seems to be scouting out nesting areas. She seems especially fond of an over grown bougainvillea plant my friend had planted before they moved. It hangs and provides good coverage. Thanks to everyone who said in this thread I can be prepared!

I just had a quick question, don't mean to focus on my problem but it follow along the thread.
I was wondering when my Cayuga female will start laying? She's about 7 months
From what I've read she might not start laying until next spring but I'm unsure.

I just had a quick question, don't mean to focus on my problem but it follow along the thread.
I was wondering when my Cayuga female will start laying? She's about 7 months
From what I've read she might not start laying until next spring but I'm unsure.

She will most likely wait until Spring. My Cayugas only lay for a few months in the Spring, so yours is not likely to start now even though she is old enough. It is just too late in the season. My Cayuga girls also waited until the Spring after they hatched to start laying. Hope that helped. :)

My ducks woke me up early this morning...like 3:30 AM. Today we went looking for chicken eggs because we have some broody chickens and some chickens who roost in our trees...all of the sudden my hubs says...there is an egg?? It was green and teeny...the ducks layed..lol

Back
Top Bottom