What to do for a week of post-surgery bed rest?

Kaitie09

Songster
11 Years
May 28, 2009
South Central, PA
I had major knee surgery on Friday and have used up all of my ideas. I am stuck on the couch for another week with no movement, so I need some things to do. I've watched all the classic Christmas moves (some twice), read all of my new books, and surfed every internet site. I now have another week of this and have no idea what to do. I'm stringing popcorn tomorrow so that should take up a couple hours, but after that I've got nothing.

Last edited:
what about learning to knit or some thing crafty... there are how to videos on you tube

Are you on facebook? If so, try playing Gardens of Time and Bubble Witch Saga. They're great time wasters. How about some jigsaw puzzles, crosswords or find-a-words? Failing that, you could address my Christmas cards, wrap my gifts, and do my baking.
smile.png
I'll pick you up. hehe

You should write a film script. They're great fun to plan out and write. I'm working on one now.
tongue.png

I crocheted three blankets and a scarf last month after foot surgery! Then I got carpal tunnel from using the crochet hook too much! How about writing out Christmas cards? I still have three boxes of cards by the recliner to which I was confined....never got the cards addressed! Ooopppps! The television shows are mostly TERRIBLE! I'm not going to have another surgery any time soon just to have more down time, that's for sure! Good luck and happy healing! I have a physical therapist who is pushing me to be completely healed by the end of December!

When my brother, sister and I where quarantined as teens/early twenties with chicken pox we played video games on an old nintendo. I guess you could try that... we all couldn't go back to work for 2 weeks. So that helped to pass the time. Also playing dice games helps time pass.

Last edited:
That's a good point, although rest usually drives me crazy. I'm the sort who has to be doing something. Not sure if the OP is the same.
lol.png

ray's two cents :

That's a good point, although rest usually drives me crazy. I'm the sort who has to be doing something. Not sure if the OP is the same.
lol.png

I am definitely that type. It would not be so bad if I was in pain and on medication, but I have a very high pain tolerance so I feel perfectly fine, just can't get up. I'm going stir crazy while having to watch soaps and paid programming all day long.​

Back
Top Bottom