• Put her with the big girls

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Get her a buddy and keep them closer to the house

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Make her a house duck

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
Pics
What behavior should I be concerned about? Cheddar is starting to show some aggression. Is that normal? Do 5hey have to work out their differences???
They do need to work out their differences, but they will also likely need some slow integration. See no touch method. I occasionally have seen ducks get along right off the bat, but it is rare.

My runner is inside with the calls right now because of a prolapse issues. But they get along much better now that spend so much time together even in separate areas.

They do need to work out their differences, but they will also likely need some slow integration. See no touch method. I occasionally have seen ducks get along right off the bat, but it is rare.

My runner is inside with the calls right now because of a prolapse issues. But they get along much better now that spend so much time together even in separate areas.
They are outside right now sharing the pool. They will be separated when inside. They were doing fine when on separate sides of the yard. I'm just seeing Cheddar get nippy when this new duck swims within striking distance. I think they'll be fine after a week or so. I just wanted to make sure that what I was seeing is normal and that my Cheddar isn't some sort of crazy murderous duck.

They are outside right now sharing the pool. They will be separated when inside. They were doing fine when on separate sides of the yard. I'm just seeing Cheddar get nippy when this new duck swims within striking distance. I think they'll be fine after a week or so. I just wanted to make sure that what I was seeing is normal and that my Cheddar isn't some sort of crazy murderous duck.
😂 Cheddar is not being murderous. She is just use to not sharing and may not like the change at the moment.

Is there anything I can do to help this new duckie feel more relaxed? They are inside now, and she's crying. I imagine she misses her old flock. Poor baby...
I haven't add a lone duck before, but I can definitely see it being hard. I would probably do the normal things when having 1 duck. Stuffed toy, mirror, spend lots of time with it. And the more it can see and interact with cheddar the quick they may get along fully.

Back
Top Bottom