What should I do for Cheddar?

• Put her with the big girls

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Get her a buddy and keep them closer to the house

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Make her a house duck

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
It does have niacin in it, but no where near the amounts of the high vitamin b complex. The extra nutrients can help with other potential deficiencies. If it is deficient in one vitamin, it may be in others as well. They sell it at TSC, but for a while I was finding it difficult to find on the shelves. You may just have to order it online.
It would be worth it. The All Flock I was feeding them, I did not find niacin in the listing of ingredients. I’m willing to travel 40 mins plus away to make sure they are taken care of, or ordering online. But if I was to order online I would probably just go ahead and get the duck specific feed. It would save me a headache. I was always checking their wings and their walking because I was always worried about it.

Cheddar had angel wing, too, but only ever so slightly. This girl has a much more pronounced case. My Swedish had it, too. Both previous cases were easily fixed by wrapping the wing, so I'll do that to this girl, too. But not until tomorrow. There is so much going on for her. She's settling in now, though.

I have Poultry Cell, but I don't see niacin or B3 listed on it. I was surprised about the niacin deficiency, too. Maybe that's not what's going on, but her symptoms mirror what I saw in a other duckie. Lots of sitting. Unsteady on her feet.

As a side note, I'm wondering about naming her Mimosa since she is a similar color to the flowers on one of my Mimosa trees. I've never had such a hard time deciding on a name.
😂
Mimosa is a really pretty name too! I love them all! Here I was going to name my original 8 ducks after Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. I’m a HUG Disney fan. All because one of the silvers would snuggle his nose down into the towel I would wrap them in when they came out of the water. It was so sweet! 😭 then we got the other 4 and I wasn’t sure on names. But now I have time to think of names before we get more. I may steal some of your ideas.

We had a goat situation that consumed most of my time, but everything is back to normal.

Cheddar and Apple are slowly getting used to one another. Another few days and I'm sure they will be best buddies.

Apple has pretty significant angel wing, and she's so small that I'm having a hard time keeping her wrapped!

Other than that, it's gone very well!

We had a goat situation that consumed most of my time, but everything is back to normal.

Cheddar and Apple are slowly getting used to one another. Another few days and I'm sure they will be best buddies.

Apple has pretty significant angel wing, and she's so small that I'm having a hard time keeping her wrapped!

Other than that, it's gone very well!
That is good that they are getting along. Bummer about the angel wing. Hopefully you can fix it. At least it is just cosmetic.

Back
Top Bottom