What should I do for Cheddar?

• Put her with the big girls

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Get her a buddy and keep them closer to the house

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Make her a house duck

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
Getting a lil anxious, here (What? Auntie? Never!). I go back to work soon, and I'm still waiting to hear back from the local breeder who has the exact age/sex of Call duck I want. It's time for the fair here, so I'm sure she's busy with that.

I found 2 other gals. One is local, but only has a drake, but he's the same age as Cheddar. The other gal has either 2 week old ducklings or a 2 yr old hen.

Should I wait until the fair is over (1 more week), or opt for one of the others? I'd prefer a hen since they will likely be housed with chickens.

The only reason I'm thinking about the other options is because I'd like lots of time to integrate a new duck before goi g back to work.

What do y'all think?
I probably wouldn’t go with the drake since you will be having chickens with them. I would wait or go for the 2 yr old hen.

Yeah. You could harness train her and take A little bed
I did take my Polish, Myrtle, there when she was a chick and needed constant nursing. Kept her on my lap on a heating pad and fed her every 30 minutes using an eye dropper. The kids are used to my weird "country" ways - haha!

Back
Top Bottom