TSA does not screen passengers getting on international flights in foreign countries. Anyone coming in has to get through customs. Many food items are prohibited. I would hope they are not letting in poultry eggs from locations that have known illnesses such as AI, Newcastle, etc.

Yeah, i have figured above out. There seem to be a total legal way to bring the eggs in a hand luggage. As a carry on bag. You have to pick them up yourself however or bring it after a visit. As long it is a straight flight from Netherlands to US. Carton eggs are ok as a handbagged item and do not require any paperwork other than a x-ray scan at the airport.

Trying to figure out if this would be true, because than my visiting family members could bring the eggs.

I believe that the x-ray scan is not required either as that would damage the embryos.

The TSA is NOT what you have to worry about. You need to make all the nice folks at Customs and the USDA happy, or they will happily nail your a$s to the wall. And you can kiss your place in TN and purebred stock (and possibly every penny you have and your freedom) goodbye.

You were given the USDA link. There is a number on it. CALL THEM and ASK. They will send you all the necessary paperwork and hold your hand through all the steps. Skip any and you're so beyond screwed it's not even funny.

Back
Top Bottom