What to do now? pic heavy

mrslb333

Songster
9 Years
Jun 15, 2010
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I saw a listing for 50+ Coturnix eggs on bid 4 poultry there were no photos but I didn't pay to much attention to it and bought them for £15.
On Monday I got an E-mail to say they had been posted along with some brief incubating instructions.
They arrived today Saturday the packaging didnt look damaged but there was an awful smell coming from it
sickbyc.gif

This is what I found
60647_yuk_001.jpg
The smell was sickening the sawdust was dirty and wet through and when I tried to pick up the eggs to see if any were intact my finger went straight through without any pressure
60647_yuk_002.jpg

60647_yuk_003.jpg

60647_yuk_004.jpg

60647_yuk_005.jpg

After 2 plastic egg boxes the rest were just put in with the sawdust no bubble wrap or protection.
60647_yuk_006.jpg
A Button quail egg there were 6 of these all squashed
60647_yuk_007.jpg

60647_yuk_008.jpg

14 intact I've not candled them but I'm sure most will have hairline cracks it took ages to clean them as they were thick with dirt and poo
sickbyc.gif
They dodgy packaging I can deal with it's the disgusting state they arrived in most were rotten and I assume he doesn't know the difference between Button and Coturnix or else why were they in there.
My main concern is how are his birds kept? If this is what he calls acceptable to let people see.
I'm not sure what the best thing to do would be?
barnie.gif

I am at a loss for words. That was disgusting. I am so sorry this happened to you. I don't know what I would do either.

Wow. This is quite a shock. It's upsetting for a number of reasons. To ship in that condition. Makes me wonder. Have there's eggs been packed up for the duration of the auction? Surely they were no fresh collection. How long from the time you won did it take you to get them? I think this person also keeps his birds in deplorable condition judging from the condition of the eggs. Did you have a chance to see how much feedback the seller had and if it was positive or not?
I always review feedback and take note of how many sales the person has.
There are better people out there to buy eggs from. I am so sorry you had a bad one.
somad.gif

This is really heart sickening.

Down to 13 now as 1 just exploded
sickbyc.gif

He only had one lot of feed back and that was positive. I think I'm going to Email the website along with the photos and see if they can ban him I'm in two minds whether or not to contact the RSPCA as I suspect there is probably a cruelty issue with his birds
hit.gif

BYC member JJMR794 ships many of the Coturnix eggs in 100 egg lots I would PM him. He is based in central florida. I have seen his breeding operation he has really nice birds that are will cared for.

Quote:
Thanks not sure how much shipping this far would cost though.
I can usually get hold of some good eggs from friends and my own birds, but I thought I'd buy some in sell most of the chicks but keep some to add new blood to mine.
Now I'm stuck trying to get rid of the awful smell the eggs and packaging have been double bagged and put outside but the smell will not go I've had the windows open for hours and it's freezing cold today.
sad.png

Last edited:
Contacted the website and they are going to deal with the seller for me and sort out a refund. She did ask if I'd like him to send replacements, err no thanks
sickbyc.gif

JustAChickenLittle&More :

ep.gif
OMG! That was horrible. Never seen anything like it. You sure no one did this for a joke? I'd be wondering about the person who would even mail this package out.
sad.png

I hope it wasn't because it really wasn't funny
th.gif

The seller must have no sense of smell because it was putrid
sickbyc.gif
I received 60 other eggs in the mail today and not one was broken or had displaced air cells that may have been down to the sellers using more than a sheet of newspaper and tape to protect them with though, lol
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom