What to do with a rooster when you don’t want fertile eggs all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to those who actually answered my question and helped me figure out the best option for my new chicken family. That was what I had wanted help for.

At no point did I ever ask for opinions about me being a vegetarian and what I will and will not eat. I also did not give anyone else my opinion on their own diet and what you have chosen to eat or not eat. I also did not state where I get my eggs from now or where the babies will be going. I didn't write anything else about myself and my experience with animals both pet, farm, exotic or anything else. You don't know my background. Frankly, it's no one's business on here unless I decide to tell you.

This was my very first post and I am disappointed. I had planned to put my coop build up and get help or opinions from that but I am afraid to even try.
Lots of people on here are opinionated. You’ll have to take what you want and leave the rest, when it comes to input/feedback.

However, there are a lot of people on here who are super knowledgeable and helpful as well. I’d still make your post, because I’m sure you’ll get a lot of helpful feedback. If you get some opinions you don’t care for, don’t respond to those, and keep moving along with the helpful posters. 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s definitely not a one size fits all group, but I put up with minor annoyances because the help I’ve gotten for my flock is 100% worth it.

While I don't think it's right for others to judge/comment on your chosen diet if that's not what you are asking about, I do think you need to be open minded if you are going to post on any public forum. Of course you don't have do what others say or put up with any harassment (there are BYC rules against that), but you shouldn't get angry at people for simply replying with what they think is helpful information.

Many of us have been around long enough to know that there are certain types of chicken owners who have a hard time dealing with the uglier side of husbandry. Your post/replies/verbiage suggested that you may fall into that category. My reply was not meant in a negative way, only to point out another potential pitfall in your stated plan. You would be surprised at how many people incubate eggs without any plan on what to do with the chicks, especially the males, when grown.

You took my suggestion to market unfertilized eggs as the real deal vegetarian option seriously?!? Impressive.

Also, I told Chookwgon that OP's conviction was OP's business and it has literally no impact on anyone else in the world but somehow you developed some turf war between pro- and anti- fertilized egg supporters that would suck up BYC bandwidth from the usual million threads on "my chickens don't like me", "my chick pooped; is that normal?" and "can hens turn into roosters?".

To avoid getting on a mod's naughty list by being tempted into a coarser tone, I'm blocking you.
As far as I can see you are the only one that started throwing rocks.

Sorry for trying to understand how an egg can be meat.....

End of story. Have a nice day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom