What to do with all these Fleece Scraps???

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Bleenie, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Yesterday i brought home 2 huge bags of Fleece scraps, some are large some are just strips. I plan on making some dog toys(to donate) with some of it but was hoping to get some more ideas from you all! It's mostly black but there's a little grey.

2. kimisfishing

kimisfishing Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    Branson Missouri
    if you sew you could make a strip lap blanket.
    they turn out cute and with those colors would be good for anything cause dirt would not show

3. NanaKat

NanaKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I've made these for Christmas gifts from fleece. Hope the pictures show up enough to help make sense of the directions.

Fleece head covering - or hooded neck scarf
    12 inch wide strip that is 68 inches long. Fold in half. Begin sewing on the fold edge 4 inches from the beginning of the fold makeing a circle arc that ends 8 inches from the end of the fold down the folded sid. Trim back to 1/2 inch and voila. Looks like the picture of a knitted one. I've made these in all colors. the guys will wear the darker colors made some out of camoflage for the grandsons.

[​IMG]

ear covering head band
    8 inch by 24 inches. sew the 8 inch ends together using 1/2 inch seam allowance. with seam line to the inside, fold the ring in half so that you have 3/4 inch overlap. roll the overlap over the other edge and seam closing the side. Make a similiar seam on the other side of the head band. These can be worn over a ball cap. For children sizes shorten the length to 20 or 22 inches and the width to 6 or 7 inches.

[​IMG]

4. ebwy2

ebwy2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    baby clothes! fleecy hats and shoes [​IMG]

5. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Stuffed Christmas ornaments. Like felt ones...

6. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    Nanakat I like the good wrap, I could see the kids enjoying those.

7. nuchickontheblock

nuchickontheblock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2010
    south portland, maine
    Sew two rectangles together and fill with raw rice to make a cold/hot pack. You keep them in a ziplock baggie in the freezer and can use as an ice pack. Or you just put them into the microwave and heat them up for a moist heat pad. Make great gifts!
    [​IMG]

8. Kgee

Kgee Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2009
    MO/MS
    I've cut strips & used them to latch rugs...they come out really neat.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by