What to do with ducks with an impending hurricane?

Good luck to you and your critters! I’d definitely keep everyone near me if a potential disaster was looming, I love my pets too much to risk them :)
I’m so grateful to live in a part of the world that has few to no natural disasters.
Thank you. I love mine too that is why I was concerned about leaving them out. My horses are also going in the garage. Which part of the world is that, I’m thinking of moving in the near future :)

:lol: that would be fun I think we'd have join to duck party.

07251771-E3EA-4B39-8F2C-FC3D01356E15.gif

My family and I are in West Palm Beach, FL and no questions we’ve already secured our barn for ALL of our chickens and Guinea Fowl. Make sure if you don’t have a well to factor in water for your birds. Stay safe!!
Thank you. We do have a well. My main concern is losing power. But I’m hoping for the best :)

Thank you. We do have a well. My main concern is losing power. But I’m hoping for the best :)
Yes!!! Free access to water, fill up as many bottles as you can while we all still have power. With my experience here, we will definitely lose power. I’m in a very wooded area and if a storm is blowing trees the power goes. You’re right!! ...Plan for the worst and hope for the best!

Yes!!! Free access to water, fill up as many bottles as you can while we all still have power. With my experience here, we will definitely lose power. I’m in a very wooded area and if a storm is blowing trees the power goes. You’re right!! ...Plan for the worst and hope for the best!
I had been saving the gallons of milk too just in case to fill with water and here it is. I put a lot of them in fridge to make ice. I’m going to tractor supply tomorrow to get 5 gallons buckets for toilet water. Also we have a couple of 55 gallon barrels I will be filling up with water for the horses. Plus there 75 gallon trough which I’m placing inside garage. So after Irma I really learned. What I’m scared of now too, I was in the middle of building a horse run in shelter and just finished the roof. I’m afraid I finished it just in time to get blown off, ugh.

If I was you I would keep them inside. I've been through hurricane Harvey and hurricane irma before I moved back to NY. I did not have ducks at that time, just my dog. I suggest you keep them inside to keep them safe. I wish you the best of luck for you and your family.
Thank you :)

The Walmart’s here on the island are overrun and no room to even park lately. I have one large dog crate to use for my 3 chickens.
I will try and check out tractor supply for options. Worst case is I frame poultry fencing with wood on the barn floor.
I don’t have to worry about them flying over it like the chickens. Need something somewhat portable just in case I have to move them to even higher ground.
Will let you know how it goes.
After 30 years and many hurricanes here, the more we over prepare - they less likely we’ve been to get a direct hit.
do you have any spare fencing pieces around? You could hook them together with zip ties and put supports behind them like boxes or tools anything so they fences won't fall over. You could even stand cardboard boxes up around a kiddle pool if the cardboard is tall enough

Back
Top Bottom