What to Do With Giant Eggs

Quote:
Washington state where the OP is from is having record heat this summer, they would go bad way to quickly, I would not want to take that chance with my family. I do this most of the winter, but summer is another story. I love to leave them on the counter and be at room temp ready to use also.

Those are some huge eggs. I've been thinking about Golden Comets since I first seen one and now I think you just helped me make my miind up. That egg would feed both DH and I in the mornings!

BTW - not related to chickens: Froddogtimes two, what kind of pup is in your pic? A cutie, looks a lot like my boy bully would have when he was younger.

Have you eaten any of those big eggs yet?? We also get some very large eggs and they are always double yolkers.
big_smile.png

My Isa Browns (also a production breed) did that in their first few months of laying, but they have now regulated to laying large to XL all the time.

I have a 4.15 ounce egg in my fridge that's been there quite awhile...that is from one of my EEs. I just can't bear to break it open!

Quote:
Washington state where the OP is from is having record heat this summer, they would go bad way to quickly, I would not want to take that chance with my family. I do this most of the winter, but summer is another story. I love to leave them on the counter and be at room temp ready to use also.

I live in Washington and right now my temp outside reads 107, is it too hot for eggs to be on my counter?

If it helps, the inside temp is 67......
roll.png

Quote:

I live in Washington and right now my temp outside reads 107, is it too hot for eggs to be on my counter?

roll.png

As long as it's cool in the house it won't hurt them to stay on the counter for a week or 2. I'm in FL so it's hot as heck outside here too. I gather all my eggs on the counter in a bowl for the week, then wash them all and put them in the fridge or give them away at the end of the week.

Quote:

roll.png

As long as it's cool in the house it won't hurt them to stay on the counter for a week or 2. I'm in FL so it's hot as heck outside here too. I gather all my eggs on the counter in a bowl for the week, then wash them all and put them in the fridge or give them away at the end of the week.

LOL, I guess I should have clarified whether or not you have air conditioning. I do, but keep the temp set on almost 80 to keep the huge electric bill down in the summer so I just refrigerate right away during the summer months because I did have one start to develop (not 100% sure but it sure looked like it)after being on the counter for a week. I do not want to crack open a chicky or I may never eat an egg again.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom