What to do with Henry?

CaliFarmsAR

Free Ranging
Apr 26, 2019
Arkansas
Howdy y’all, hope everyone is doin well.

I have a bantam rooster that is disabled and is currently an inside/outside bird.
Right now, we are in bad icy weather and he can’t be out with the other chickens due to I cannot trust em with him. He gets very cold being outside alone so he’s in the house at the moment. I don’t wanna keep him locked up in his pet taxi, but can’t have him hopping around pooping everywhere, anyone have any ideas what I can do for him?

Henry Hobbles:
E10018C5-97C3-42FE-AE9A-998B75A929E4.jpeg

Because my parents won’t want that in my room.
That's sad. I use a temporary dog exercise pen when I have ducks in the house. it gives them lots of room but stops them messing everywhere up.
Would your parents allow a plastic storage tub? Home Depot and Walmart often have long ones on wheels. For your little guy, it would nto need to be deep and you might get away with an under the bed storage bin. Try advertising on social media -- NextDoor for example -- as you might get one for free. I got two big ones recently left at the roadside the day before trash collections. If you do get a plastic storage tub, you will need to line it with textured shelf lining vinyl so that your guy doesn;t slip when moving around

Back
Top Bottom