What to do with Henry?

Howdy y’all, hope everyone is doin well.

I have a bantam rooster that is disabled and is currently an inside/outside bird.
Right now, we are in bad icy weather and he can’t be out with the other chickens due to I cannot trust em with him. He gets very cold being outside alone so he’s in the house at the moment. I don’t wanna keep him locked up in his pet taxi, but can’t have him hopping around pooping everywhere, anyone have any ideas what I can do for him?

Henry Hobbles: View attachment 3391730
Just a suggestion, what about creating a little pen roaming area for him? You could put dog pee pads down and stick his crate in there (left open) so he could go in at any time?

Though if your parents don’t want a large dog crate in your room, i doubt they would want a roam area.

A cardboard box??
All the cardboard boxes i’ve owned have never been waterproof. They all get soggy and rancid.
I thought you quoted me about diapers. Lololol!
Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

When I had chicken little I built a cage for him with a roost. It was located in my living room. He was allowed to walk or fly around his cage. But he spent his days outside. I didn't need to carry him to the front door, he walked to the front door on his own. He knew it was time to go hangout with the big girls. On days he couldn't go out he would interact with my dog, myself, or my partner inside. As for him pooping on the floor or table it wasn't an issue cause he didn't poop a lot and it was small.

But now I have a disabled rooster with deformed feet and unstable while standing, he gets a little more of my attention. His daily routine involves me getting him out of his cage in the morning, carrying him downstairs to spend time with flock. When I get home from work I look for him in the yard and bring him in to rest. On days when he can't go out he just hangs out in his cage. I don't have a door to the cage so it's always open. He's never had any interest to venture out. But he seems content.

Just thought I would share my experiences with a lone bantam and disabled rooster.

20221109_211828.jpg

20221113_170515.jpg
20230131_185947.jpg

Back
Top Bottom