What to do with packing peanuts.

I easily found someone to take my young roosters on CL last year. Then I didn't need to authorize my account. I posted to Farm & Garden today and didn't need to (in my area). But I have needed to post elsewhere (business type) and needed to have an account, where they sent me a password via text message to my cell phone.

Anyway, I just gave the roosters away. I got them for free myself, yes, I raised them, but I needed to find a home for them, and was happy to have done that. The guy did give me a few bucks anyway.... which I took, but didn't ask for it.

Angie

All of my birds have come from Ideal. For a little extra you can specify all pullets. In my last order of 18, I did get one Roo. Their guarantee is 90%.

Oh all my other chicks were what I ordered, these were just the extras that were added for warmth. If I had to to do over I would have just ordered and paid for 25, so that I'd have what I wanted lol. I've had about 5 responses to my craigslist ad so far. I have a lady who said to call her and she'd come get them tomorrow. She responded 2nd. I wish I had gotten her email first. I'm still waiting for the first guy to respond about when he can come and get them. If he doesn't by mid-day tomorrow I'll call the other lady.

you could eat em or give em away
idunno.gif

For future orders, keep in mind that you can specify that you don't want packing peanuts added to your order. You have to ask for this and pay a small postal insurance fee, usually a buck or two.
I wouldn't recommend it if you are ordering chicks while it's still cold, but wait till spring and you should be good to go.
I didn't get extras with my order other than 3 sexing mistakes. I posted a sign at our local library branch and the post office. The extra roos were gone in no time.

Back
Top Bottom