What to do with Quails?

andischickenfarm

Songster
12 Years
Jun 19, 2007
N.E. Oklahoma
I found some cheap fertile quail eggs, but after they hatch what do I do with them?
idunno.gif

Thanks,
Andi

I've been wondering the same thing about Button Quail. Other than being yet another cutie strolling around in a feather coat, are they actually good for anything? Chickens can be lap pets and give us eggs, but Button quail? What do ya do with them besides feed, cleanup, feed, cleanup, etc?

All I can think of for quail is having them for cute little eggs. Don't you see quail eggs in snooty restraints as a delicacy or something? Or you could have yummy quail dinner.
Button Quail are so adorable, but I can't see how they'd be useful. Not much there to eat and who would want to eat one of those little cuties anyway? They fly all over the place and I think you need them caged to keep them around...they don't seem very friendly.

do you mean as in what do I do with a bunch of baby quail or what do i do when they grow up?
Afte they hatch get a quail waterer base, grind up some wild game bird starter and keep them warm. They start to fly around 5 or 6 weeks and then the fun begins LOL. You have to have a lid or everytime you walk by or up or anything they take off flying!! try this site for more ideas.
http://www.thatquailplace.com/index.htm

C

They make great pets and their eggs are great for you. Coturnix are a good choice, button quail a bit on the small size and skittish.

Back
Top Bottom