What to do with the egg?

You could scramble them unseasoned and feed them back to them. Then the shells could be dried in the oven and ground up small and mixed back into their food for extra calcium. :)

That's a good idea! My ducks are quite fussy eaters, but I can at least try it!

If you have a dog, you could feed them to the dog.....

Seriously, though, if you're not going to eat them, offer them to your friends. Put them in an egg carton, and when it's full (or half full), offer them to someone. There are LOTS of people who would LOVE to have them.

Yep, I agree with the above posts.

Just wondering, are you vegan? I would eat eggs I remove, but I do know a lot of people who disagree with that and such opinions are always interesting.

Some ducks just lay at strange times, especially if it isn't that cold where you are.
Don't worry about it!

Thank you, good to know that it's normal for Blanche to lay eggs in november.

Also yes, I'm vegan! But, I know my ducks are happy and I don't think it would be morally wrong to eat their eggs, especially since I don't want them to go to waste either. It's just that I haven't eaten eggs in so many years, it would feel a bit weird.

Thank you, good to know that it's normal for Blanche to lay eggs in november.

Also yes, I'm vegan! But, I know my ducks are happy and I don't think it would be morally wrong to eat their eggs, especially since I don't want them to go to waste either. It's just that I haven't eaten eggs in so many years, it would feel a bit weird.

I see.
I kept chickens primarily for eggs, but now I love them so much I wouldn't care if they never laid again!

If you have a dog, you could feed them to the dog.....

Seriously, though, if you're not going to eat them, offer them to your friends. Put them in an egg carton, and when it's full (or half full), offer them to someone. There are LOTS of people who would LOVE to have them.

I actually have a dog and have thought about giving the egg to her, or to give it back to the ducks to eat.
But that's also a nice idea, I might ask som friends if they would be interested in getting eggs!

I actually have a dog and have thought about giving the egg to her, or to give it back to the ducks to eat.
But that's also a nice idea, I might ask som friends if they would be interested in getting eggs!

With as many ducks as you have you will have far more eggs than your dog (unknown size) and ducks can eat without it being way to many for them.

Definitely look for friends/family interested in getting eggs. Other than that selling them is a great idea and can help offset the cost of feed.

I see.
I kept chickens primarily for eggs, but now I love them so much I wouldn't care if they never laid again!
This spring when we picked up our twelve ducklings we purposely added four Isa Brown hens chicks to our small flock for the purpose of having a few fresh eggs on hand, not thinking the ducks were going to be great egg layers also. I think ducks eggs are great and also have a cool factor attached to them, because most people associate eggs with just chickens.

We have no problem with people who love them because their kids are unable to eat chicken eggs because of an allergy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom