What to do with this? Build an incubator of course!!!!

CARS

Crowing
13 Years
Jan 24, 2009
Saint James/ Comfrey MN
I picked this up from the local watering hole last week

100_4509.jpg

My first thought was what more could a guy ask for, an insulated, clear window incubator!!!

The compressor is shot and would cost $700.00 to repair so the owner set it out back. For now it will be a storage cabinet.

I am sooooo tempted to test the circulating fans and add a heating element... automatic humidity that I never perfected in my wood bator.... now that i have 70 quail, I am going to have to do something with all the eggs
roll.png

Last edited:
you could salvage a older styrofoam incubator and get the element out of it and put in a computer fan or 2 and buy a thermostat only thing would be humidity but that should be easy i think it has great potential

I still need to convince my wife about doing it. It was her idea to use it as a clean area for storage in a dusty barn. Not that she was against the idea, she just remembers me spending alot of time on this:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=133431

I never did get that wood cabinet to control it's humidity. That 125W element was overkill for it, but deadly accurate. I think it would be just about the right size for the freezer.

If I do it, you know I will be posting pictures!

Quote:
Hmm, you might mutter something in passing about how nicely that old fridge will hold humidity then mention something about worrying that mold will start growing on the stuff put in the "clean area" since it is so tightly sealed....just a little bit of moisture could start really affecting things. A more simple, ventilated box and shelves would work better at keeping dust off everything *and* keeping that mold away. We don't want no stinkin' mold, ya know! Just a thought....
smile.png

Ed

Back
Top Bottom