What to feed ducks out of??

Right now mine are in the bathtub, not much room to seperate, so I'm hoping that makes a difference?
I'm assuming you are brooding them together in the bathtub? They should be brooded separately but yes, when they live outside it will be much easier. The ducklings grow very rapidly and can trample over the chicks causing injury or death. If you feed your chicks medicated feed this can also harm the ducklings because they eat so much they can over medicate themselves.

I'm assuming you are brooding them together in the bathtub? They should be brooded separately but yes, when they live outside it will be much easier. The ducklings grow very rapidly and can trample over the chicks causing injury or death. If you feed your chicks medicated feed this can also harm the ducklings because they eat so much they can over medicate themselves.

The ducks are in the bathtub during the day and the chicks are in the brooder. At night they all sleep together. I do not feed medicated feed. Right now 1 duck is in the brooder with the chicks during the day because the other two ducks were picking on her. The chicks love her and she seems to like the chicks more then the ducks.

So how do you guys not waste any food because mine get it all soggy and I worry about mold. Usually the chickens can't wait to get some of the soggy food, they seem to like it, so before I toss it I let them have some. I don't like how much gets tossed.
Can you place the feed and water further away? My ducklings food is not as close to the water as what it looks like in your pics. It gets a few small clumps from the water, but nothing too wet. My ducklings eat crumbles - so I don't know if yours is similar? You could place your feeder over a tray or something to catch the spilled food.

My ducks eat out of a rubber bowl, looks like a large dog bowl. I try not to give excess feed or else I end up just feeding the rodents or wild birds. They get about a cup of feed each in the morning. If the bowl is empty in the afternoon when I get home from work they get more.

I use metal bowsl, though may transition to rubber I'm not sure yet. My ducks and ducklings haven't had a problem with them :) Plus my adult ducks don't eat a great deal but they have food available all day until the night. My ducklings have food available at all times of the day until they are older. You can give them Kale no problem! My ducks aren't hugely keen on it though haha! Lettuce is their absolute fave.

I've found that mine don't eat a great deal either! So good to know it's not just mine :)

Back
Top Bottom