What To Feed Everyone When I Add Pullets To My Flock?

Justino

♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫
12 Years
Dec 21, 2007
KY
Hey all, I have 4 EE's that are going on 13 Weeks that I'd like to let into the flock of older girls. They've been outside separated by wire for a month or two now, and they all are just about used to each other, but the issue is food.

The EE's are on Chick Starter still while the big girls are on Layer Crumbles. . . I've heard I can switch over everyone to Grower Crumbles, will this be okay for all ages, layers or not?

DSC00423.JPG

Thanks! :wee

Check your store to see if they carry ALL Flock.
Everyone can eat that.

But yes you can feed the grower to all for a little bit..just keep oyster shell on the side for the older girls.

It will be totally fine, providing you have a separate feeder containing oyster shell. The layers will eat this, to replenish their calcium levels, whilst the non-layers will ignore it.

It will be totally fine, providing you have a separate feeder containing oyster shell. The layers will eat this, to replenish their calcium levels, whilst the non-layers will ignore it.
Okay so Grower in one feeder, Oyster in another feeder. . . And you say only the layers will eat it? That's pretty cool lol

Check your store to see if they carry ALL Flock.
Everyone can eat that.

But yes you can feed the grower to all for a little bit..just keep oyster shell on the side for the older girls.
Okay I'll have to check out if my feed store carries it, I don't remember them having it but I'll double check ;)

Chickens usually know what they "need" to eat.
If the younger ones eat it..it won't kill them.

Chicken keeping is pretty simple..
it get's complicated when people over think things.

keep it simple. ;)

Okay so Grower in one feeder, Oyster in another feeder. . . And you say only the layers will eat it? That's pretty cool lol
Yes...young birds may peck at it a bit, because that's just what they do with everything.....but the initial curiosity is quickly satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom