What to feed for a day

We are completely out of chicken food, our friends with chickens all have family over, and all of the stores that sell feed are closed. They need to eat something. What should I feed them from today to tomorrow? (I am NOT having the best day so please don't tell me that this could have been prevented, I am VERY AWARE OF THAT AND HAVE LEARNED MY DAMN LESSON, I just need help with this)
Don't worry, we've all been there! I agree with the other suggestions, along with free-ranging them as much as possible and giving them any chicken-safe scraps you have.
I feed my chickens layer feed, cooked rice, canned corn, whole grain bread, dried mealy worms, vegetables and fruits everyday. They are free roamers with lots of grasses to eat. Their yolks are golden. They also eat the seed that falls from the bird feeders. There is always something in the fridge to feed them. I’ve even fed them left over pasta and scrambled eggs. Hope this helps.

We are completely out of chicken food, our friends with chickens all have family over, and all of the stores that sell feed are closed. They need to eat something. What should I feed them from today to tomorrow? (I am NOT having the best day so please don't tell me that this could have been prevented, I am VERY AWARE OF THAT AND HAVE LEARNED MY DAMN LESSON, I just need help with this)
Leafy Greens, scrambled eggs cooked rice Cooked chicken . Cooked corn or beans

My gals love tuna & salmon - any veggies you can scrounge up & cat food all good advice ! They aren’t going to be any worse for the wear for one day 🧐

My chickens eat anything. They especially love oatmeal, milk, and all fruit and veggie scraps. Being omnivorous is a blessing!

I'm very sorry you have to go through this. I recommend vegetables,rice,tuna and fruits (excluding any citrus ones) You could also give them leftovers from dinner or even give them a SMALL amount of moldy foods.

Did someone already suggest cooked scrambled eggs? I also add herbs and even some olive oil. I also will feed them cheese (not very much), and canned veggies, and cooked oats (like oatmeal). Can also cook meat and dice up into small bite sizes. THEY LOVE ANY TYPE OF PROTEIN!!!

Back
Top Bottom