What to use for a chicken run COVER?

Still working on my run (almost done)...
I built it as a 12x12 and used Ondura panels...

We don't often get snow (maybe 1 or 2 times a year) and it doesn't usally last long. The roof on my run is sloped (2 feet decline from front to rear).

r07.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I am amazed. I just went through all the pictures on your home page and I am impressed. I am doing my research now to build in the spring, wish you lived in Michigan I would hire you / bribe you / whatever it takes - to help me. FANTASTIC.

Still working on my run (almost done)...
I built it as a 12x12 and used Ondura panels...

We don't often get snow (maybe 1 or 2 times a year) and it doesn't usally last long. The roof on my run is sloped (2 feet decline from front to rear).

r07.jpg
Do you like your roof? Would you use it again?

Calling GeorgiaGail...
I have a 12'X7' chain link dog run I would like to make snow proof for our upstate, NY winters. Am thinking I could possibly use your arch-PVS system? Does it seem strong enough and do you think the snow would slide off of it? Making a shopping list for Lowe's as we speak...thinking brace rail clamps you mentioned, long sections of 3/4 PVC and tarps. Anything else?
The whole run is in electrified PoultryNetting with a huge Kube4000 energizer, so we're hoping we can keep it up for the winter, thus not having to worry about being totally varmint proof ;)

Trying to come up with a cheap, cost-effective way to cover the run--someone mentioned clear, thick, shower-curtain liners for the sides as wind breaks, but still letting light in. I want to give the chickens as much outdoor winter space as possible--this way, they'll have 100sf of coop space, 84sf of run space, and if they're adventurous, they'll still have 1600sf of pasture space. Hoping hubby will take pity on me and snowblow the pasture out occasionally. I'll put down some straw/hay and hope they come out! I literally don't want them "cooped up" for the winter, if possible!

georgiagail
How did you attach the pvc pipe to your kennel frame ? Could you put up some pictures and or instructions on how you did this? I want to do this to put up a tarp over the kennel for shade and so the water will fall off. TIA

I like that idea ALOT. I've tried netting, but come snow time that would just cave in. Looks like you used chicken wire for roof, correct?

Back
Top Bottom