What treat did your chickies get today?

temps were 96 in the shade yesterday I had some left over grilled trout fillets nobody wanted to eat so I chopped them up in the food proccessor, froze them and the girls went nuts!!

MIne got leftover gristle and fat scraps from the beef barbecue. I've been feeling that they need more protein - they went CRAZY for this stuff. The dog was jealous. :) DOn't worry I never feed the chickens next to the dog or vice versa. That could get ugly.

Mine had left over baked chicken.They love to pick the meat off of the bone.

yuckyuck.gif

My 8yo daughter (my little chicken farmer) will tell us to shhhh when we mention cooking chicken or buying fried chicken. She will say, "they are just right there and they are listening". She does say it with a smile on her face and it has never stopped her from enjoying chicken cooked in just about any way.

I got them to eat scrambled eggs today!! ive been trying treats for days and they havent been impressed but they LOVED the eggs... actually i think they enjoyed the banana muffin they got yesterday but they went crazy over the eggs! i feel like such a proud mama
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
lets see....mine had scrambled eggs/mixed veggies/yogurt/a couple blackberries/blueberries/watermelon and...cabbage! They had gigantic poops today!!

Madi99..I'm glad your chickies liked the scrambled eggs!! Mine have been going crazy for them for awhile now!! It's so satisfying watching them devour their goodies!! Makes me feel so proud and happy to see them enjoy themselves...I love chickens!!!

dancingflower68... it made me sooooo happy to see them actually eating the treats i gave them... maybe its because i cooked it especially for them :)
i was getting so discouraged because when i gave them yogurt the other day they had NO interest in it whatsoever and i was afraid i was gonna have the only chicks who didnt like treats! especially because the next day i gave them a piece of bread and they also had no interest..
I'm so glad i found something they like!!

Back
Top Bottom