What treat did your chickies get today?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Plucky Pullet, Oct 8, 2010.

1. ~*Sprye*~

~*Sprye*~ New Egg

Sep 11, 2008
    Cascade, MD
    My neighbor got a truckload of apples from a local orchard and I have been making applesauce so today they got lots of lovely apple pieces...happy chickies they are!!
  2. Shades of Blue

Shades of Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I gave my girls some apples that were cut up and some left over cooked rice. they were excited! [​IMG] although....it doesn't take much to excite them in the treat world....lol silly chickens...[​IMG]
  3. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    Cleaned out the frig. yesterday, getting ready to pile Thanksgiving food in. The chicks got a little of everything from acorn squash soup to stir fried zucchini
  4. themadchicken

themadchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2012
    Lehi Utah
    cooked red beans. Ok so it didn't go over that good but they better get used to it cause i just acquired about 15 pounds of dried beans and beans have a 10% protein count. They did end up eating it all, But i am sure glad i am not sleeping in the coop tonight![​IMG]
  5. Crafty-Duck

Crafty-Duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Lucky Duck Pond
    Sunflower seeds and scrambled eggs [​IMG]
  6. ChickenMad11

ChickenMad11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2012
    Great Britain
    Sweetcorn and leftover pizza from last night![​IMG]
  7. chikenscratch

chikenscratch Chillin' With My Peeps

I made up some warm oatmeal with sliced bananas, this morning. Last night, however, they had dry oatmeal, sunflower seeds, oyster shell, and mealworms before bed.
  8. GatsbysGirl

GatsbysGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    Central Illinois
    I just have to say I love you people. You make me feel so much more normal.

Today they got leftover stuffing, red beans and rice and some biscuits.

Oh and I took a whole cup of mealworms and tossed them all over the yard for them to forage for. Spoiled rotten birds.
  9. Chicks Galore3

Chicks Galore3 Artistic Bird Nut

Dec 16, 2011

This morning I didn't have time to make them anything so they just got warm water to warm 'em up. Last night I made tea for them. :) Yeah, I know. :p Tonight they get fruit and veggie scraps. Tomorrow morning I want to make something extra yummy for them.
  10. CluckyCharms

CluckyCharms Chillin' With My Peeps

They got their leftover box. I don't know exactly what was in it. When we have a meal I just put the things I know are "chicken safe" in a tupperware box. I add stuff throughout the week, keeping it in the fridge. On the last day of the week i take it out of the fridge and microwave it, and put it in front of them. My chicks could make a good "Gone in 60 Seconds" poultry movie. I used to give them treats every day but ...in my opinion it was just too much of their diet and they weren't eating enough of their feed, so I changed my method. Now they get treats once a week but it's a mish-mash of different things and they look forward to it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by