What treat did your chickies get today?

My neighbor got a truckload of apples from a local orchard and I have been making applesauce so today they got lots of lovely apple pieces...happy chickies they are!!

I gave my girls some apples that were cut up and some left over cooked rice. they were excited!
D.gif
although....it doesn't take much to excite them in the treat world....lol silly chickens...
lau.gif

cooked red beans. Ok so it didn't go over that good but they better get used to it cause i just acquired about 15 pounds of dried beans and beans have a 10% protein count. They did end up eating it all, But i am sure glad i am not sleeping in the coop tonight!
sickbyc.gif

I just have to say I love you people. You make me feel so much more normal.

Today they got leftover stuffing, red beans and rice and some biscuits.

Oh and I took a whole cup of mealworms and tossed them all over the yard for them to forage for. Spoiled rotten birds.

I just have to say I love you people. You make me feel so much more normal.

Today they got leftover stuffing, red beans and rice and some biscuits.

Oh and I took a whole cup of mealworms and tossed them all over the yard for them to forage for. Spoiled rotten birds.
X2!

This morning I didn't have time to make them anything so they just got warm water to warm 'em up. Last night I made tea for them. :) Yeah, I know. :p Tonight they get fruit and veggie scraps. Tomorrow morning I want to make something extra yummy for them.

They got their leftover box. I don't know exactly what was in it. When we have a meal I just put the things I know are "chicken safe" in a tupperware box. I add stuff throughout the week, keeping it in the fridge. On the last day of the week i take it out of the fridge and microwave it, and put it in front of them. My chicks could make a good "Gone in 60 Seconds" poultry movie. I used to give them treats every day but ...in my opinion it was just too much of their diet and they weren't eating enough of their feed, so I changed my method. Now they get treats once a week but it's a mish-mash of different things and they look forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom