What treat did your chickies get today?

After reading some of the posts in this thread I smashed the bananas that I gave to my hens. While they didn't go crazy for 'em the pan was still empty at the end of the day.

When I gave them intact, peeled bananas the hens would just give a stuck-up look

Cherry Tomatoes fresh from the vine ;) keeping it simple
droolin.gif

cleaned out the freezer of some abandoned White Castle burger (ick). Food processed into crumbs while still frozen. The chix seem to like the 'rat meat!'

i gave my girls some left over mashed potatoes and cream corn on top of some long grain rice I had cooked for them. Then just to help out a bit more....I had a cup of sour cream with taco powder mixed in that was past its date. Mix this all together ....and we have a wonderful chicken meal......the girls were living in style....lol
It looked like a dogs breakfast
gig.gif
but.....they loved it.

Happy chickens....makes for lots of eggs
D.gif

hard boiled eggs! and yesterday they got some rotten cheese (we FINALLY found the source of the nasty smell in the fridge)
the cheese was so funny, it was a soft goat cheese, it was like a holy feeding, everybody was SUPPOSED to just get a little until little ms. Jo banty decided she wanted to sweep in and steal it all..

How do you all serve apples to your girls? Which way seems to be best received? Whole, sliced, grated? I have a bunch of soft apples I'd like to give them
I usually cut apples into small cubes/pieces for my girls. That way they all get some without having to chase each other for it. Or you could cut each apple in half
big_smile.png

Strawberry apple sauce and carrot juice with little bits of salmon to pick out.... They seriously picked every piece out before eating the applesauce, after I made to effort to cut them in to tiny peaces so they would not notice.

The end of a ripe pineapple, cinnamon toast and half a cheese mini pizza, and a handfull of squirrel food left over from our (now deceased) baby squirrels.... Oh and a little frost bitten pumpkin that I slit open with my bare hands for them... My 11 Jersey Giants love to eat and seem to really appreciate the snacks!

Back
Top Bottom