What treat did your chickies get today?

Carrot tops from the garden. I grow them and store them in sand for the winter. The chickens gorged on the green tops and will have fresh grated carrots all winter long.

Mine got a batch of left over biscuits and some hash browns from the church breakfast. They didn't eat the grits I gave them last time so they didn't get any today. I usually let my girls out around 4:30 pm to free range before bed time at around 7:30 - 8:00. Depending on what we had for supper they may get lots of treats. They sure come running when I start calling Here Chickie!

My girls got their first taste of meal worms. :lau My red sex link got so excited every time she grabbed one. Ran around like crazy, chirping. Funniest and cutest game of keep away ever!

Seedless green grapes quartered. Always a hilarious spectacle to see then chasing down each morsel & playing keep away. The only one who misses out is my lead rooster, Rocket. He'd rather chirp that he's standing over something good than actually eat it himself. He was getting bumped & jostled in the free for all, which was pretty funny considering the size difference between him and the hens!

My girls don't care for fresh tomatoes. but they loved my cabbage while it was still on the stalk. :) Cabbage (bought from the store :() they just nibble at and leave. I think they are spoiled. :)

Back
Top Bottom