What treat did your chickies get today?

Do your chickens eat the peanuts in the shell?  Mine  love the peanuts, but if I throw them out with the shell still on, they just stand there and look at it.

So sorry for not replying, haven't been on :(

Anyway, they also refused to eat them with the shell on! But they also looked at them funny even shelled, maybe I'll have to try again. Ended up giving them to the squirrels though haha

crab meat, stuffed crab, crawfish, steak, pork tenderloin, grilled peppers, broccoli, okra, frog legs, butterfly shrimp, rye bread

Yesterday was pretty similar but with green beans, chicken, salmon, catfish, cod, bacon wrapped filets.

A restaurant started giving me what they don't sell each day.

So sorry for not replying, haven't been on
sad.png

Anyway, they also refused to eat them with the shell on! But they also looked at them funny even shelled, maybe I'll have to try again. Ended up giving them to the squirrels though haha

Mine will now eat the peanuts if I leave the shell on. I had to break the shell in half and let them see the end of the peanut poking out before they got it. Now they'll crack the shell to get to the nut. It has become one of their favorite treats.

I also just sprouted some red winter wheat and some barley and they went wild over that. I like it, too.

Mine will now eat the peanuts if I leave the shell on.  I had to break the shell in half and let them see the end of the peanut poking out before they got it.  Now they'll crack the shell to get to the nut.  It has become one of their favorite treats.  

I also just sprouted some red winter wheat and some barley and they went wild over that.  I like it, too.

Oh wow that's awesome! Im going to have to try again.

And I've always wanted to sprout stuff!

Back
Top Bottom