What treat did your chickies get today?

Another large bag of dreid leaves, corn sprinkled into the leaves, a "flock loaf" (I tried to make a Flock Block for the first time, and it didn't turn out hard enough to be called a block
big_smile.png
But they LOVED it!), and I strung up some lettuce leaves for them to jump up to get and peck at.

Peanut butter cheese crackers, pomagrante and scratch...

I've only had my girls for two days but the two older ones come running when I show up at the door.

My auracana is already comfy enough to be hand fed... she's 2.5 years old tho and had good owners...

The pullets want nothing to do with me but devour stale bread.

The crackers were a bust. The auracana picked the pomegranate clean and they just got a fresh basil plant and cabbage.

The links love the cabbage and the auracana (who eats everything) started picking at the basil immediately.

Today, they got a TON of dry leaves. I'm trying to really get some thick bedding down in the run before it gets really cold. And I strung up some Bell Pepper, and Cucumber so they had to jump to get it. They had fun with that!

Mine would have been grateful for anything dry today. It has rained all day and I have never seen them so wet!! I gave them lots of corn because I felt sorry for them.

My girlies got lots of pumpkin guts and skins the last two days because I am in the process of cooking and freezing them. The pumpkin doesn't last long so they seem to like it! I've been trying to keep their coop filled with dry leaves as well. Who knew they would have so much fun with scratching and digging in all those leaves?

I keep up with the post which gives me lots of suggestions. Bet my girls are thanking y all
Keep them coming heres my cold n ready this mornin

Back
Top Bottom