What treat did your chickies get today?

Been a long time since I have posted, but this is a favorite thread of mine! My girls love love LOVE grapes!!!!! So, or course they will get a nice mix of grapes, Apple's and clover. Only one of my ladies, Hannibal enjoys lettuce, so despite her cannibalistic properties she still gets a treat......funny thing-she is now the smallest and is in a separate coop and run......go figure
Maybe you should give here Fava Beans for a treat
tongue.png

Quote:
The girls got a suet feeder stuffed with sprouted wheat, apple, grapes, and kale. The only thing left at the end of the day was the kale. I've tried and tried, but they don't like it any better than I do. Oh, and I gave them a little cooked butternut squash with some flax, brewer's yeast, garlic powder, and ground kelp mixed in. They were very suspicious of it at first, but as soon as they took a nibble, it was gone in a flash.
I always find it interesting in the different "tastes" of flocks.
Mine LOVE kale - even my cockerel will go for it. Apples and grapes are a favorite as well.
Today, they got a bit of cracked corn and BOSS, then a bunch of bamboo leaves hung in the run - they will pick/eat on these for a couple of days. Of course, they will get some type of treat each day to go with it
smile.png

This morning I made them a big salad. Chopped up some odds and ends of veggies in the fridge = cucumber, romaine, the dreaded kale (maybe they'll eat it since it's chopped), garlic, cabbage, parsley, and added a handful of leftover brown rice.

Mine LOVE kale they prefer that I hold it so they can pull pieces off!

Today the girls have had corn on the cob that was frozen last fall specifically for them!

Back
Top Bottom