What treat did your chickies get today?

Sorry guys, I have a mixed flock of peafowl, chickens (standard and bantam) and guinea fowl including multiple adult roosters, encouraging chaos can lead to injury very quickly...
We would never want that...forgot you have a large flock...I do hope they enjoyed their brats though
droolin.gif

My month old oegb chicklets got their first taste of BSF larva today, and LOVED it. Little bitty chaos.
big_smile.png

They also got a starter set of low roost poles, at three heights. They played on them then settled down to sleep in the regular cuddle puddle.

yippiechickie.gif
Mom needs to go grocery shopping so my chicklets got bread and they also got the bonus wet cornmeal from the piggies' snouts.
They just love to stick their necks through the hog panels and clean up their pig buddies. The pigs seem to enjoy it as well!

My chicks got watermelon for the first time today. They acted like it was going to eat them. But then they finally tasted it and started eating. Went crazy after that chasing each other around, so much fun to watch.

A half an ear of corn on the cob, a few small chunks of watermelon, and a couple of BSF larva each.

They much prefer cantaloupe to watermelon, but do eat it. They really go nuts for the cantaloupe.

yippiechickie.gif
Mom needs to go grocery shopping so my chicklets got bread and they also got the bonus wet cornmeal from the piggies' snouts.
They just love to stick their necks through the hog panels and clean up their pig buddies. The pigs seem to enjoy it as well!

I would love to see a picture of that !!

Hung some broccoli in the brooder (I always feel bad when I bring them in from "recess")
I hang it in the center of their box on a golf club instead of hanging it on the side... It's like a 6-chick game of tether ball!

Back
Top Bottom