What treat did your chickies get today?

That's good, have you given them the insides of the squash? mine love the seeds and guts of squash and pumpkin. Overgrown cucs from the garden too, cut them open and the love the insides.

I had the tiniest of summer squashes so there really was no squash guts to give them. I'll have to look for bigger ones next time at the farmer's market. They did seem far more keen on the yellow squash versus the green ones, I suppose the yellow color is more eyecatching.

Went through the fridge tonight and filled the chicken/goat bucket with produce past its prime. So tomorrow they're getting tomatoes, peaches, cherries, celery, cucumber, and lettuce.

Yesterday it was Peaches that fell off the tree and got soggy on the ground. There were lots of ants on them as an added bonus.
Today it's too chilly for them to go outside since they don't have all their feathers yet. I feel bad keeping them in the brooder so I'm going to buy them some butterworms or maggots which seen to be their favorite.
I thought about making a maggot farm but the smell....and I don't want to attract predators.
I'll just buy for now...lol

Some corn on the Cob
1f606.png
1f414.png

mines had cherry tomatoes so far today,
I have gobs of them just in the garden sitting......
I transplanted heck gobs of cherry tom..volunteers that came up all over.
prob get a little baked AMISH grown red potatoes(left from Roos spur removal attempt).... and some apple peelings and cores minus seeds> I am peeling ones(seconds) a sweet lady gave me..
prob a few tiny green beans if the bugs and worms havent decimated them....
soon some more cantelpe seeds soon s they ripen... I bought
MIne wont eat watermelon seeds.....only kind I buy or grow
maybe some whole REAL milk.. tiny amt since I bought extra last week
andif I ever get to the HFstore will make some KEFIR for me and them....
and some mealworms...I need to clean out have them in too many "drawer" five 'drawers"....
not all of this in one day. if so just tiny amts. heck I dont know how much they find on their own poking around the garden fence etc...wish they could catch more mice and gophers and moles and voles....Think they found a tod of frog other day
outdoor only..Kitty Kat had a skink or whatever he found...
Finally made it to Krogers BULK BINS ,yesterday and bought them lots of dry.. split peas to eat.. both yellow(cheaper) and green
IF MORE of Yall would let more of yall's out, at least before BEdtime, they could eat more on their own
heck mine even eat the fresh cut grass off the golf cart tires after Hubby mowes>>> even though they can pick ll they want everywhere.., anytime....

Back
Top Bottom