What treat did your chickies get today?

@driver What ? you have Leftover Pumpkin pie ????
shameful.
:lau

Okay, in my defense, I left out some details...
I hate pumpkin pie! (sorry). My son LOVES pumpkin pie. My mother made a pie that was part pumpkin, part fudge brownie, in a pretty swirl. The brownie was very dense and strong. My son said he liked it to be nice, but said "it sucked all the moisture out of my mouth". So, thinking he liked it, my mother made us take home about 1/4 of the pie. Son wouldn't eat it, and neither would I. The brownie part mostly was on the bottom, so I cup off the top pumpkiny part for the chickens and threw away the bottom. My mother will never know.

Today, they got some leftover rice from last night's dinner.

This morning I mashed up a few hard boiled eggs. Mixed some dry feed and scratch together and sprinkled everything throughout the run area. They'll be busy for a while.

I make 3 Pumpkin pies when I make it. It does have a bit extra spice to it as we like it that way.
3 ? yes, one for me, one for Son, one for daughter. Yeah i don't make it often because we like it TOO much ;)

Girls will get the starting of my Fodder today, in the afternoon as I will let them out to range in an hour . Once I put them in the run I will give the fodder and see how it goes.
It's rye so it is about 1-1/2 high and reddish, but the very tip is green.
I have Wheat starting now so will be ready in about a week.

I spent the last two days butchering my roosters because the thieves in the neighborhood started stealing them early this year. Needless to say, between thieves in the coop at all hours of the night, and then me butchering the roosters all day for 2 days... my hens seemed a little shell-shocked. So... with the preamble out of the way... Today my girls and cockerels got some of the special scratch that I had bought for the roosters to fatten them up for what was supposed to be slaughtering in a couple of weeks... Lovely variety of cracked corn, sorgum, molasses and topped it off by pouring a beer over it. Everyone seems much happier afterwards too!

Back
Top Bottom