What treats do you give your chickens?

Mine are mega spoiled to today they got a watermelon from the green house and mealworms from our stock and some salmon for the ducks they were in heaven they also get scraps, nuts, seeds, grass and fruits in the summer and feeder fish all yr round for the ducks they're all brats oh they get a string cabob in the summer

My best "cake" of barley fodder yet!

Four beaks up, way up, from my chickens!

Attachments

• IMG_0703.JPG
    IMG_0703.JPG
    405.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0704.JPG
    IMG_0704.JPG
    407.4 KB · Views: 5
Hello! I'm starting this thread to see what treats everyone gives their chickens (as stated in the title). As of now, I don't have a proper calcium container for my girls, so I make it up to them by giving them a daily bowl with baked & crushed egg shells and whatever table scraps/treats I have on hand. If I don't have table scraps, I'll make them something. #spoiled chickens. Today they got: half a mashed banana, some oatmeal, raisins, cranberries, cabbage, scratch, a couple chunks of stale bread, and a tiny bit of cinnamon for respiratory health (this isn't a regular thing). Sometimes I'll even scramble an egg for them and add that too. Aside from this, I'll occasionally give them some mealworms and wilting lettuce/kale. What does everyone else give their chickens?
In summer I often freeze cucumbers from the garden that get too large or mellons. I cut them in half and freeze them. they love those! Their favorite is grapes and mealworms. In winter... scratch grains and oatmeal with sunflower seeds and corn. All kinds of kitchen scraps all year. sometimes a cabbage head in winter to fight boredom

I started fermenting their feed a couple days ago in hopes of cutting down on their daily treats. They apparently like it just as much as oatmeal! Sometimes I'll mix in a couple berries or cinnamon/cayenne pepper for them as well.

I started fermenting their feed a couple days ago in hopes of cutting down on their daily treats. They apparently like it just as much as oatmeal! Sometimes I'll mix in a couple berries or cinnamon/cayenne pepper for them as well.
why cayenne pepper?

Flock party is my favorite brand of treats. I give them bulk chicken mealworms from amazon , and some Dumor 10 or 5 grain scratch. Mine do not like the fly fiesta from flock party

I give my girls cabbage, strawberries, watermelon, mixed greens, mealworms, and chicken scratch grains. I currently have a flock block in their run to help with boredom during these long, snowy winter months.

Back
Top Bottom