What treats do you give your chickens?

Summertime mine get what ever veggie I don't want out of he garden. Except the toxic ones. Winter they get a Lisa Steele chicken breakfast version! Mix of kelp, brewers yeast, culinary herbs including pepper flakes, seeds, oatmeal, garlic powder and tons of mealworms!!

Summertime mine get what ever veggie I don't want out of he garden. Except the toxic ones. Winter they get a Lisa Steele chicken breakfast version! Mix of kelp, brewers yeast, culinary herbs including pepper flakes, seeds, oatmeal, garlic powder and tons of mealworms!!
Mine do not like mealworms! Love most veggies, scrambled eggs , oatmeal, cream of wheat, garlic, apples, small amount of wet pellets, meat scraps, bread, floating fish food sometimes.

Once (And I mean once) one of our chickens got an infection so we brought her inside. My sister wanted to give her a meat stick ( I know that they aren’t that healthy ) because we had them and Ms. Glitter ate it in one bite. She looked like a dinosaur!

They get flax seed and baked crushed egg shells in their feed. As for snack, organic Kale, baby spinach, nectarines, scrambled eggs, baked spaghetti squash or acorn squash, raisins. grapes or cooked oatmeal. Not all of that each day but a bit here or there.

Back
Top Bottom