What tricks have you trained your ducks to do?

I must say @Crazy Maizie you're very talented to be able to take video AND throw tomatoes! I couldn't even start taking video of my flock quickly devouring the butt end of a watermelon. By the time I set it down & started the video they'd eaten all the red out of it. lol I think it only took them about 2-3 mins to eat it down to just the rind. Which they came back later & ate most of it too.

Couple questions, how old are your Muscovy's?
And what are the pinkish spots on necks of the 2 ducks in last 2 videos? Looking at the 2 ducks they appear to be same type of mark.

Oh, I taught my ducks to go to the bedroom coup at night but only if I give them a little food in the coup. Something I'm trying to change to keep bedroom cleaner. Hard to break a learned behavior. And taught one to stop biting me as least so far.

I tried to teach them to come when I whistled. They do when they feel like it. lol

I must say @Crazy Maizie you're very talented to be able to take video AND throw tomatoes! I couldn't even start taking video of my flock quickly devouring the butt end of a watermelon. By the time I set it down & started the video they'd eaten all the red out of it. lol I think it only took them about 2-3 mins to eat it down to just the rind. Which they came back later & ate most of it too.

Couple questions, how old are your Muscovy's?
And what are the pinkish spots on necks of the 2 ducks in last 2 videos? Looking at the 2 ducks they appear to be same type of mark.

Oh, I taught my ducks to go to the bedroom coup at night but only if I give them a little food in the coup. Something I'm trying to change to keep bedroom cleaner. Hard to break a learned behavior. And taught one to stop biting me as least so far.

I tried to teach them to come when I whistled. They do when they feel like it. lol
Thanks. Now they are demanding tomatoes every night, but they won't eat the red diced up ones. They only want these yellow cherry tomatoes. They will be sad here in a few weeks once I've picked them all. Lol

As for the spots, those are caruncles on their necks. My males have them on their heads and necks. You can see them better on the 2 at the end because those 2 are brothers and always tussling. They like to tussle with their "dad", but I've got them separated now. I let them out of their separate pen in the evening while I'm out there. They are currently looking for new homes. But, so far the separation is working well. Their feathers are growing back. When they were out free ranging they fought all of the time and have lots of feather damage - so that's why you can see their neck caruncles better.
Those 2 are a year old. The rest of my muscovy are 4 yrs. My runners (which I don't think I videoed) are just 5-6 months.

Talented ducks! My ducks are not so talented, but that's okay I love them even though sometimes they are extra...well... special😂 The closest thing to a trick mine will do is when I open the house window and yell "Ducky Duckies!" They all come running over to the window like a hoard of quaking, head bobbing zombies lol oh and my duck Hermione likes to try to untie my shoe laces for some reason. Probably in an attempt to trip me up and offer me as a sacrifice for when the real zombies come🤷

Mine don't really know any tricks either. Just mealworms come out of an orange bucket. If you see the orange bucket, run towards it.

My newest ducklings learned a cute trick from my Muscovy. My 3 newest Saxony girls imitate my Muscovy's behavior. It is pretty funny watching them do a Muscovy head bob and tail wag.

Mine don't really know any tricks either. Just mealworms come out of an orange bucket. If you see the orange bucket, run towards it.

My newest ducklings learned a cute trick from my Muscovy. My 3 newest Saxony girls imitate my Muscovy's behavior. It is pretty funny watching them do a Muscovy head bob and tail wag.
That's pretty cool.

A duck that kisses. Sweet!
If you make kissy noises and then feed your ducks tomatoes from your mouth your ducks will probably be trained to "kiss" you, too. But I warn you... It's a bit painful and you'll get dirt in your teeth. I might know from personal experience....

I found this video of Pigweed as a baby. 💖 She'll still make out with me even though she's an old lady now.

If you make kissy noises and then feed your ducks tomatoes from your mouth your ducks will probably be trained to "kiss" you, too. But I warn you... It's a bit painful and you'll get dirt in your teeth. I might know from personal experience....

I found this video of Pigweed as a baby. 💖 She'll still make out with me even though she's an old lady now.
That is sweet, but looks painful 😖

Back
Top Bottom