What tricks have you trained your ducks to do?

Crazy Maizie

Free Ranging
Jul 3, 2020
I have recently taught a few of my drakes to catch cherry tomatoes... or maybe it's just been a good toss while their mouths are open? šŸ¤£
If I can, I will attempt to take a video. I'm not sure I'm that talented though - hold the phone, take video, toss tomatoes into duck's mouth...šŸ¤” šŸ˜

So what tricks have you taught your ducks or attempted?

Funny. You hurt yourself your ducks are like "food?" šŸ¤£ I've seen videos of ducks jumping for food. Too cute.
My muscovy girls will come running when they see the shovel. šŸ˜Š
Last night I noticed the one white male duck had a lump on the side of his throat when I tossed a tomato. I was thinking what now. But then watched it slide down and disappear. šŸ˜³ It was the tomato he swallowed whole.
Haha! Yeah, my ducks know that a shovel means delicious, too. It makes it very challenging to garden quickly, but much more motivating to garden longer.

I've also seen that tomato lump slowly sliding down while I anxiously watch! My ducks jump up and harvest cherry tomatoes themselves, gleefully swallowing them whole.

Talented ducks! My ducks are not so talented, but that's okay I love them even though sometimes they are extra...well... specialšŸ˜‚ The closest thing to a trick mine will do is when I open the house window and yell "Ducky Duckies!" They all come running over to the window like a hoard of quaking, head bobbing zombies lol oh and my duck Hermione likes to try to untie my shoe laces for some reason. Probably in an attempt to trip me up and offer me as a sacrifice for when the real zombies comešŸ¤·

Back
Top Bottom