What type of Bantam?

TundraFang

Songster
Jul 31, 2021
United States
20210731_105137.jpg

I bought her from a bin labeled "bantams" but i didn't realize there's so many different types! Any ideas on what breed she might be?

Do you think she could be a mix between the two? From the quick research I've done on both breeds she has qualities from both but isn't an exact fit for either. I'm new to chickens though, so I really have no idea.
Hatcheries/farm stores don’t usually get mixes like that. I think it’s a rosecomb because it has...well...a rose comb. An OEGB would have a regular single comb.
Other variations you might notice are probably due to it being hatchery quality and not show quality like the pictures. Your girl also looks young so she may fill out a b it more as she grows.

Hatcheries/farm stores don’t usually get mixes like that. I think it’s a rosecomb because it has...well...a rose comb. An OEGB would have a regular single comb.
Other variations you might notice are probably due to it being hatchery quality and not show quality like the pictures. Your girl also looks young.
Okay, thanks for your help! She's only 3 months old so that's probably also why she doesn't look like the pictures. I'm excited to see how she turns out as she grows!

Back
Top Bottom