1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What type of chicken is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by phatcat, Feb 16, 2011.

1. phatcat

phatcat Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2011
    This is a chicken we obtained by accident and is the reason we have a chicken family. I would really like to know what she may be or what crosses she is from. She was a wild chicken egg left in the wheelwell of our toyhauler last spring. She is black and body type is somewhat of a bantam although almost average size but a sort of game hen look? confused yet? She has a half crest/half comb. Its more like a mohawk with a comb that flaps cause the feathers are in the way. She has black legs with yellow underside (although NOT a jersey giant). She lays a creamy peach/white egg. Super sweet. Her black feathers shine green/purple in the sunlight. Ive been told crevocoeur x, australorp, and Jersey Giant because of the yellow feet thing. Suggestions? Here are some pics:

I'm new and not sure if these images will post. Just shows [​IMG]

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  3. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Welcome to BYC.

And yes there is a waiting period now for new members becuase of spammers that were on here a while back but the administrator says if you are active and participate on the site to show that you are a legit member, you should be able to post pics in a few days. In the mean time if you want to email the pics to me, [email protected], I can atleast give you my opinion.

4. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

Could she be brabanter mix? cream or gold laced? Or maybe some type of silkie or polish mix as they tend to be small?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by