What type of chicks do I have??

Hello! My family is brand new to chicken raising! I have two sweet boys and we are so excited to raise our new chicks!
My husband bought three chicks at our local Atwood’s, and none of them had wing tags.
Yellow chick is Heyhey (from Moana)
Brown chick is HENrietta
Black chick is Johnny Cash
Can you tell me what type and maybe gender yet?
Thank you!! View attachment 1305352 View attachment 1305354

They all look like pullets.
The yellow chick is a Golden Sex Link
The brown chick is a Brown Leghorn
The black chick looks like a Jersey Giant

I like it when my chickens sunbathe. Sometimes a chicken could be just walking around then suddenly drop to the ground sunbathing. Sometimes I will have a whole flock all together sunbathing. :lol:

Golden one looks like Buff Brahma, Black looks like an Australorp and the last one looks like either a Brown Leg horn or a Welsummer.

Australorps have pale legs. Hmm, I didn't realize the yellow one had feathered legs. Maybe it's a mix.

That's still a little too young to tell for sure, but if it's only a couple of days old I'd say it's a pullet.
Are you sure lavender Orpington? The very few pics I can find of them they have pink on the bottoms of the feet...this one is blue top and bottom

Golden one looks like Buff Brahma, Black looks like an Australorp and the last one looks like either a Brown Leg horn or a Welsummer.
I was thinking Welsummer, too. I have never raised that type of chicken before, so I didn't know if their color changes when they get older like some do.

They all look like pullets.
The yellow chick is a Golden Sex Link
The brown chick is a Brown Leghorn
The black chick looks like a Jersey Giant
I think you are spot on with the first two! I googled and they do look like them!
The black one I googled and maybe a black sex link pullet cause it’s solid black.

Back
Top Bottom