What type of chicks do I have??

merrily-meredy

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2018
Hello! My family is brand new to chicken raising! I have two sweet boys and we are so excited to raise our new chicks!
My husband bought three chicks at our local Atwood’s, and none of them had wing tags.
Yellow chick is Heyhey (from Moana)
Brown chick is HENrietta
Black chick is Johnny Cash
Can you tell me what type and maybe gender yet?
Thank you!!
2B35C19F-7F00-4EC6-9114-E5BD8F44B792.jpeg
61FAF603-98D7-4EEF-8639-C5778697F98C.jpeg

Oh good!!! My husband was sure we’d end up with three roosters
I don't think they are roosters, if one was to be a rooster it would be the one that if in the second picture. It has a red comb, but last year I had a chick that had a red comb at a young age and it was a hen. The black one looks like an Black Australorp hen.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this one? I just it today and all I know is that it' a bantam and I cannot figure out what breed it is
20180321_160024.jpg

I don't think they are roosters, if one was to be a rooster it would be the one that if in the second picture. It has a red comb, but last year I had a chick that had a red comb at a young age and it was a hen. The black one looks like an Black Australorp hen.
Oh HENrietta! That was the one I noticed the comb on. That one was so cute today! It was so nice outside, it was our first time to take them outside for a romp. It kept laying down and stretching out a leg and wings. I had to google search to make sure it was ok. Turns out it was stretching and soaking up the sun ☀️

Back
Top Bottom