WHAT TYPES OF BIRDS DO YOU HAVE? PICS?

just one lonely little old english game bantam rooster ( had a pair).. and 40-50 american gamefowl hens. and 1 rooster on the yard.. gonna buy more OEGBs though, i plan on getting into showing
wink.png

I have 30 standard chickens all different breeds, 9 bantams- 4 cochins, 4 silkies, 2 old english game, 13 standard chicks (14 more on order with Ideal), 5 silkie chicks, 6 ducks, 4 pigeons, 3 cockatiels and 2 parakeets.

Pics of everything on my pages
smile.png

ETA: Had to recount my chickens, I was off by a few
big_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
my geese; 4 four month old American Buffs and haven't decided what Snowflake and Grazie are but they are 7 yrs old and haven't decided whether ganders or geese but great broody and great "Yard Guard Mama's"
Sept08mybirds039.jpg

Sept08mybirds032.jpg

my ducklings, 2 months old, had 10, lost one to drowning;
Sept08mybirds034.jpg

Sept08mybirds035.jpg

And what I thought was cochins are actually D'Uccle bantams and bearded/muffed Easter Eggers/Americana's!

Last edited:
goatwalker those are just called "whites"
smile.png
"white bobwhites" the normals are called Butlers.
smile.png

I have as my caption states
about 29-31 (need to count again) Coturnixs most are Pharoahs (normal wild-type and size) and Jumbos.

Most are normal wild colored, two of my pharhoahs however are looking to be Tuxedo mixed with Tibetian, or pure Tibetian in color.

and a golden jumbo
smile.png

Then 3 button quails- one wild colored pair, and one 1 month old Golden Pearled pied, with wild colored chicks due to hatch soon, annnd with some rareer colored hatching eggs coming my way soon!!!
smile.png

*edited because i forgot to list the golden jumbo coturnix
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I just wanted to say that i think one of your buffs is a gander. I read on here a while back that the ganders alert when someone comes close, and put their beak up in the air and I see in both pictures one of the buffs is doing that
smile.png

my geese can be noisy or quiet;) When they hear the engine to my vehicle or four wheeler, they are very noisy long before I can see them when I come home! When they are peeping to me when I do a night security walk and they are sleeping, they are sweetly quiet peeps;) They chase the ducks around so I'm separating them this weekend and don't dare have them w/chickens either!

Guessing, I was thinking I might have two or three Buff ganders and am wondering if the pink billed Buff is a goosey girl, haven't a clue w/the white and grey geese but at least one if not both laid eggs last three years that froze so I ordered the Am Buff goslings for them to raise;) Have read about sexing them by vent but have not tried it yet...

Last edited:
Quote:
yeah i'd probably separate them too never want to risk losin any if you're attached
smile.png
. I'm still betting atleast one of your buffs is a gander, but maybe two of them are (the one looks like it wants to put it's head up--maybe its' a submissive male).
smile.png
I'm still learning but that's my thoughts off of what others have said about the position they take when someone comes around (head up).
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom