What was the Heavest CornishX you Raised?

Quote:
i wish this was like facebook where there is a like buttom lol
how old are your birds

Last edited:
I have a CX cockeral that at a week under 6 months weighs 2 ounces under 17 pounds before feeding . The same age pullets are 12 pounds and a little over . This is on a diet to slow growth and keep size down
lol.png

ETA pic
44349_chickens_060.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
How much would you estmate an average Marans roo to weigh ?

The very tasty Marans rooster that I butchered weighed 5 lbs processed. I actually that he was going to be bigger. My biggest CX is 8 lbs processed. He was hugh I find it too hard to weigh live, they aren't fans either. I have a FR that weighed in at 7 lbs processed at 11 1/2 weeks. Haven't done the rest yet thet will be 13 weeks Monday. Just don't have the time.

I have a pullet that weighs a good 8 lbs (12-13 weeks old). I couldnt butcher her bc she was the nicest pullet ever when she got big enough to butcher. (she might weigh a little more then 8)

Last edited:
Quote:
Now why would you question her when she posted that, and how would you know how big the other cock was without being there and seeing it or knowing what breed it was?

Yes they did weigh that much because I personally went and visited to see these birds and we actually weighed them so Katy could keep a log on them.

mstricer wrote :
I find it too hard to weigh live, they aren't fans either.

Ain't that the truth !
lol.png
You oughta try shoehorning one of those 17 pounders into a shopping bag
gig.gif
[ I was afraid to stress those legs and hearts by hanging them upside down , but we were both stressed and puffing hard by the time I got one in the bag . ]​

Quote:
Now why would you question her when she posted that, and how would you know how big the other cock was without being there and seeing it or knowing what breed it was?

Yes they did weigh that much because I personally went and visited to see these birds and we actually weighed them so Katy could keep a log on them.

That other cock was a cochin. They weigh about 8-10#.

Back
Top Bottom