What was this for? What kind of animal?

Trap a wild turkey then fatten him up in the "cage" till T-day?

Maybe someone was growing something that needed protection.

have you run a metal detector around/in the area

Looks like a rough version of a hunting blind to me. If a person threw some camo netting over that...

We have two what-used-to-be-duck-blinds on our property. They are now referred to as "photography blinds".
wink.png

I haven't tried a metal detector. What would I be looking for?
I have lifted it up on each side. While unbelievably heavy, it does lift up completely. It's awful sturdy for plants. The other one is just a 20' X 8' collection of 7 foot high posts which used to be wrapped with chicken wire. It has a few small trees in there, but nothing special. Nothing different then the rest of the woods! That one I could see as a planter, as it's much more simple.

Chieftain: our coop is fairly new so I really don't need another at this point. I was thinking I can cut a wide path down to this pen and clean up the area. If I replace the chicken wire and add a roof it would be good for quarantine since it's far enough away from the main coop. The posts on the other structure are in great shape, so I'll be sure to reuse them at some point!

This is a tough one. Right off of the bat I was inclined to say a compost because the way it was framed out and how uneven the boards were spaced. It was not constructed to be pretty. And it was put far from the house to keep the smell away. Also the chicken wire around it to hold in any loose litter. So my guess is a poorly designed compost.

It doesn't strike me as being pretty enough to be respectful to the deceased.
But I applaud Pollo Loco for thinking outside the box and living up to his/her signature.
big_smile.png

Imp- Maybe just kids building a fort.

They may not have had dogs of their own but what about relatives or friends who may have hunted the place? I can see beagles being held temporarily, perhaps the board was used to clean rabbits or birds & scraps thrown to the awaiting dogs.

...JP

Back
Top Bottom