What was your free mystery chick from Murray Mcmurray hatchery??

Pics
i get the chicks on monday!!!!! ill post a picture when i can.

I can't wait.
smile.png

They are so adorable! Congratulations!

Finding out which chick is which is always a lot of fun... and a lot of hard work. I actually made a poster of each breed as a chick and an adult so I could compare them and I still got them wrong. I thought for sure my extra breed was a Langshan and it turned out to be a Black Cochin. The "Langshan" was just a really oddly shaped Silver Laced Cochin.

Looks to me like a Golden-laced Wyandotte! Lucky you!
thumbsup.gif
thanks! i was thinking that but i was not, too sure about it. I already have a golden laced wyandotte hen so i am hoping it will be a boy so i can have a pair at the fair and for eggs!

when i 1st saw it i was thinking it could be a dark cornish, too. ( i got a dark cornish last year and they look alike. but once you said a GLW now im thinking that.

Last edited:
Congrats on the chicks!!! We have ordered from McMurray hatchery three times and we have been pretty lucky in what we got!!! First we got a duck!!!!!!!!!! Second time we got a BEAUTIFUL black hen ( I am not very sure what type it was), and the third time we got a polish rooster. So I am pretty sure it varies pretty well.

Congrats on the chicks!!! We have ordered from McMurray hatchery three times and we have been pretty lucky in what we got!!! First we got a duck!!!!!!!!!! Second time we got a BEAUTIFUL black hen ( I am not very sure what type it was), and the third time we got a polish rooster. So I am pretty sure it varies pretty well.
i have never heard of them giving ducks as there free chick! that must have been a big surprise!
ep.gif

Oh yeah! But she was a sweet little thing. She even raised a brood of chicks successfully, until she tried to teach them how to swim...

Back
Top Bottom